If you’re a Jacksonville resident, then you know that cockroaches can be a huge problem here. These pesky insects can invade your home at any time, and they can be very difficult to get rid of. Trad’s Pest Control will go over some little-known facts about this pest, the problems they cause, and how to get rid of cockroaches in your house. We will also discuss how to get rid of cockroaches for good with professional pest control in Jacksonville.
Three Things You Did Not Know About Cockroaches
Cockroaches are one of the most despised pests in the world, and for good reason. It’s common knowledge that they’re dirty, they spread disease, and they’re just plain gross. Here are some cockroach facts you may not have known:
- If there’s one thing cockroaches are good at, it’s surviving. They can go without food for up to a month and live for up to a week without their heads.
- If you thought cockroaches were resilient, wait until you hear this. They can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes, which is much longer than most other animals.
- Cockroaches are fast. They can run up to three miles per hour.
As you can see, cockroaches are pretty tough creatures. They can go without food or water for a long time, and they’re very fast runners. This makes them difficult to catch and get rid of.
Common Problems Cockroaches Cause
As if the fact that they’re dirty and gross wasn’t enough, cockroaches can also cause some serious problems in your home:
- Cockroaches can spread disease. Cockroaches are known to spread bacteria like salmonella and E. coli. They do this by contaminating food with their feces or by simply crawling on food that you’re going to eat.
- Cockroaches can trigger allergies and asthma. If you have allergies or asthma, cockroaches can make your symptoms worse. This is because they release a protein that’s known to trigger these conditions.
- Cockroaches can damage your property. Cockroaches are known to chew through wallpaper, books, clothing, and other materials.
Once cockroaches have infested your home, they can be very difficult to get rid of. To avoid them and all the problems they bring, it’s important to take steps to prevent them.
Homeowner’s Guide To Avoiding Cockroaches
Here are some practical tips on how to deter cockroaches in your home:
- Keep your home clean. Cockroaches are attracted to dirty homes, so it’s important to keep yours clean. This means regularly cleaning your floors and surfaces, as well as vacuuming and dusting.
- Store food properly. Cockroaches are attracted to food, so storing yours properly can help keep them out. This means keeping food in airtight containers and keeping your kitchen clean.
- Seal up cracks and crevices. Cockroaches can enter your home through cracks and crevices, so seal them up with caulk or another sealant.
By following these tips, you can avoid cockroaches in your home and keep them away for good. However, if you’re already seeing cockroaches, it’s best to call a professional roach exterminator near you.
Benefits Of Professional Cockroach Control
If you’re struggling with a cockroach infestation, it’s time to call a professional. Whether you are dealing with German cockroaches, Asian cockroaches, American cockroaches, or any other species, cockroaches are extremely difficult to eradicate on your own, and they’re one pest you don’t want hanging around. Trad’s Pest Control has been providing expert cockroach pest control in Jacksonville for more than 50 years. We can identify the source of the problem, treat it using professional-grade products, and take steps to ensure the cockroaches don’t come back. Give us a call today to schedule a free estimate.